Sunday, April 17, 2011

Parenting Magazine's Mom Congress


I just got home this week from an exciting, invigorating, conference in Washington, DC with 50 other amazing moms from around the country.  Parenting Magazine chose me to represent Ohio, which is a huge honor and big responsibility!  Each of the 51 mothers from every state including the District of Columbia, is a passionate education advocate.  Each one of us cares deeply about the future of this country and we all believe that each child should have access to quality education, regardless of their zipcode.

Each of the delegates had something that brought them to DC... whether it's early literacy, school food, the achievement gap, arts education, or a combination of one or more of those issues.  I too, am interested in many of these issues and I plan to bring awareness to parents on how they can enable change and advocate for children in Ohio and beyond.

Because I'm an artist, mother of two school aged children, and currently pursuing my master of art education, arts education is especially important to me.  Mainly, I hope this blog becomes a resource for parents, educators, and students on the issues that affect aspects of public education on the local, state and national level, but especially in the Buckeye State.

No comments:

Post a Comment